Buy Steve Gadomski photography here

Monday, August 20, 2012

U.S. Navy Blue Angels in Chicago

I had the pleasure of spending last friday morning with a few members of the United States Navy Blue Angels. The team was in Chicago for the Air & Water show, the largest such show in America. Well over 2 million spectators lined the shore of Lake Michigan for the 2 day weekend show. But they had a little time on friday to spread some goodwill for sick kids at Rush University Medical Center. The original plan was to get still photos of the Blue Angels with the kids, and I was to get a nice group shot of the team with a U.S. flag backdrop like I did for the Olympians. But due to their tight schedule, my colleague got the stills with the kids and I got simultaneous video footage. We didn't have time for the group portrait. I editided a quick video package that afternoon.

I shot the footage with the new Nikon D800, 24-70 mm lens, auto white bal. I edited the piece with Adobe Premiere 5.5. Exported the file as a mp4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your view. Comments are moderated.