Buy Steve Gadomski photography here

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Nikon D800E arrived...

several weeks ago. Yes, it is a great machine. But just like any tool-it is of course how you use it that makes all the difference.

I have already shot several jobs with it. Portraits, brochures and Grin & Grips. I have also gone on a couple landscape photo expeditions with it and I have been having a blast. In mid June, I ventured up to MN(from Chicago) and spent some time in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area(BWCA). I even took the D800E in (on?) a sea kayak on a couple small BWCA lakes. No camera aqua bag/no housing...just a bit of faith in my kayaking skills. Anyone who has ever canoed/kayaked knows that water droplets always happen. But the Nikon D800E is weather sealed quite well, so there were no water issues. It should be able to handle a good rain shower-in fact.  
Purchase here
Some readers may be wondering if my copy has the dreaded "left focus" issue that has been posted about in some photo forums, such as DPReview. Nope-not my D800E. Focus is great. All over. Right side and left side showed no trouble when tested with various Nikon pro lenses. Here is one of my first D800E images. I shot it at Wolf Road Prairie, one of my favorite local nature spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your view. Comments are moderated.